Armoire Update and Vegan Adventure

I am not finished yet, but that’s because the one door needs some TLC:

photo 5 (15)

 

It’s upside down.  That gap at the “top” is really at the bottom.  So…I had some wood cut to (sort of) fit:

photo 4 (24)

I needed to glue it and clamp it:

photo 3 (31)

 

But then, there was a problem.  There was nothing to “grab” it from the back.  See the other door from the inner side:

photo 2 (43)

 

(Note the Not-So-Itsy-Bitsy Spider)  There is another piece of wood on this side, as you can see, held in place with those little flat brackets in the corners.  So far, I only have the back piece glued.  I will install the little brackets next go-around.  But, in order to get the wood to the right size, I had to saw it a little:

photo 1 (42)

 

It took awhile to figure out the best way to rig it so I could cut it evenly.  But I finally did it!

photo 5 (16)

 

That cute little saw was all I needed!

Here is what it looks like from the back all glued and clamped:

photo 3 (32)

 

I found this rusty old hook which I plan to clean up and paint to use just inside the door:

photo 1 (44)

 

It’s amazing what lurks underneath the dirt on a barn floor!  I am really looking forward to getting to the end of this project!  I picked the paint color – “Grey Timber Wolf” by Benjamin Moore Paint.

Meanwhile, another Vegan Adventure:

photo 1 (45)

 

This was an intense salad made with home-grown beets, asparagus, and chock full of other good things.  The recipe is in the book from my previous post, “Delicious and Nutritious.”

Have a delicious and nutritious day!

Wendy