I am not finished yet, but that’s because the one door needs some TLC:
It’s upside down. That gap at the “top” is really at the bottom. So…I had some wood cut to (sort of) fit:
I needed to glue it and clamp it:
But then, there was a problem. There was nothing to “grab” it from the back. See the other door from the inner side:
(Note the Not-So-Itsy-Bitsy Spider) There is another piece of wood on this side, as you can see, held in place with those little flat brackets in the corners. So far, I only have the back piece glued. I will install the little brackets next go-around. But, in order to get the wood to the right size, I had to saw it a little:
It took awhile to figure out the best way to rig it so I could cut it evenly. But I finally did it!
That cute little saw was all I needed!
Here is what it looks like from the back all glued and clamped:
I found this rusty old hook which I plan to clean up and paint to use just inside the door:
It’s amazing what lurks underneath the dirt on a barn floor! I am really looking forward to getting to the end of this project! I picked the paint color – “Grey Timber Wolf” by Benjamin Moore Paint.
Meanwhile, another Vegan Adventure:
This was an intense salad made with home-grown beets, asparagus, and chock full of other good things. The recipe is in the book from my previous post, “Delicious and Nutritious.”
Have a delicious and nutritious day!